Dr. Heuser is a practicing physician of international reputation. He has coauthored several books and written numerous scientific papers and abstracts. He has been an invited speaker all over the United States
as well as Europe, South America and Australia.
Doctor Heuser has designed an objective, standardized testing protocol to document EMF related injuries.
After completion of his medical degree in Germany he immigrated to Canada and graduated with a Ph.D. degree studying with the famous stress expert, Hans Selye. He also was an intern and then resident at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal. He finally became a Diplomat in Internal Medicine (McGill University).
While he had an offer to join research teams at the National Institute of Health (NIH) and also at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, he chose to work at UCLA. He eventually joined a research team at the UCLA Brain Research Institute (BRI) of which he became a member. However, after several years of pure research, he missed working with "human" patients and then chose to enter private practice as a clinician.
Somewhere between seeing patients, doing research, publishing, speaking, and testifying in court as an expert witness he found the time to:
· Participate in Calif. State Senator Mark’s subcommittee on MCS and the Disabilities Act Compliance.
· Testify before the Calif. State Senate on behalf of MCS patients needing safe public places.
· Serve on an advisory committee to U.S. congressman Bernard Sanders, investigating carpet toxicity.
· Testify to U.S. Congressmen regarding carpet toxicity and the Gulf War Syndrome.
· Present the health effects of toxic chemicals to the Washington State Labor and Industry Board.
· Appear before the EPA with comments regarding chemical effects on human health.
· Attend by invitation the World Forum in 1996 and participate in the Environmental Health Committee discussions.
· Go into the field and evaluate victims of toxic spills in the United States, Europe and Australia
· Become a consultant to the ROA Department of California, Persian Gulf War Illness, Diagnosis and Treatment Committee.
· Become a consultant to the Olympic Co-ordination Authority (Sidney, Australia), 1999-2000.
· Function as a Medical Advisor for the International Hyperbaric Association
This is in essence an "in the trenches" doctor who has used his experience as much as possible to inform the public and his colleagues of the potentially devastating effects of environmental and electromagnetic exposure.
Dr. Heuser reads and speaks fluent German and some French.
CLICK HERE to see Dr. Gunnar Heuser's CV
Sylvia A. Heuser, B.A. M.A.
Director of EMRIC (Environmental Medical Research and Information Center). EMRIC is the entity supporting Dr. Heuser's research projects and provides information, prepares computer aided presentations and in general, has assisted in related medical and office activities for twenty plus years.